Now Hiring: Executive Director
The Executive Director will oversee the work of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA). The Great Plains IDEA is a multi‐institutional alliance that offers graduate and undergraduate distance education programs in the human sciences and agriculture. Under a contract with the Great Plains IDEA Cabinet, Kansas State University provides management services to Great Plains IDEA. The Executive Director will work directly with the Great Plains IDEA governing boards and the administrators and faculty of the 19 member universities along with the management team staff. This is a 12-month appointment.
The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the operations and administration of all aspects of the consortium in a manner consistent with the alliance principles of collaboration, shared leadership, and providing high quality distance education teaching and learning opportunities. The Great Plains IDEA community includes university administration, colleges and academic departments, faculty, professional staff, and students. The Executive Director will maintain working relationships with all these constituents, responding to information requests, providing consultation on alliance policy and procedures, facilitating communication and the open exchange of ideas, and decision making that supports delivery of alliance academic programs.
The Executive Director will be knowledgeable and able to perform at all levels of the alliance and must have the ability to anticipate needs, determine work priorities, and monitor progress toward goals. Essential abilities include working in a highly collaborative environment, appreciating diverse points of view, and a proactive approach to management . Areas of responsibility include financial management, day-to-day alliance operations, governance, program assessment and data analysis, and academic program support. The position of Executive Director is located in the Kansas State University College of Human Ecology and reports to the Dean of the College.
Required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of seven years of related work experience.
- Master's degree or Ph.D.
- Minimum 3-5 years leadership and/or organizational management experience in higher education
- Experience with online education as a student, teacher or other support role
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in person, by phone and online
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects, solve problems, and initiate and direct activities in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability at team/consensus building and facilitating dialog
- Experience or coursework in higher education administration
- Experience with higher education financial management, budget preparation
- Creativity and innovation in building new higher education initiatives
- Experience in website maintenance
- Experience working with governing board
- Knowledge/experience in educational technology
- Understanding of best practices in online education
Review of applications will begin August 24, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
For questions regarding the application process, contact Carol Hockersmith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 785.532.1999.