The Animal Science graduate certificate is designed to provide you with courses in the major disciplinary areas of animal science. The goal of the program is to offer foundation courses across many facets of animal science, serving as a basis for further study in one of the disciplines or in a particular animal species.
Is this certificate right for me?
Our courses include a wide variety of students. You may be right for this certificate program if you:
- Work in the animal science industries.
- Have a bachelor of science degree in animal science or closely related field.
- Work for an animal production company.
- Have a job title such as vet tech, zoo keeper, animal control officer, animal care or lab technician, quality assurance, inspector or sales representative.
- Need additional education to advance in your career.
- Teach agriculture classes in high schools and community colleges.
- Are preparing to apply to vet school and want an opportunity to strengthen your content knowledge.
- Are in the middle of a master’s degree or PhD program and looking for supplemental courses.
You may choose to use this certificate as a stepping stone to beginning your master’s degree in Animal Science.
What will I learn through this program?
- Breeding and genetics
- Meat science
- Animal physiology
- Growth and development
- Animal production and management
Courses offered through this program may be combined with courses from closely affiliated AG IDEA programs to create areas of emphasis.
|Nutrition Emphasis||Animal Genetics Emphasis||Beef Cattle Production & Management Emphasis||Meat Science Emphasis|
Affiliated AG IDEA programQuantitative Genetics and Genomics program
Affiliated AG IDEA programGrassland Management program
Affiliated AG IDEA programFood Safety & Defense program
To see a full list of courses available, visit the Program Courses page. Students should consult their academic adviser at their home university before enrolling.
Certificate titles vary by university. Consult each university for the certificate title as it will appear on the diploma.
Summer 2017: $545
Mary Ellen Givens