The Great Plains IDEA Cabinet is excited for the opportunity to give back to Great Plains IDEA students and assist them in achieving their academic goals.
The Great Plains IDEA Student Excellence Award will be granted to five students. This $1,000 award may be used for educational expenses such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare or educational technology.
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 academic year awards has passed. Please check back for information on the 2018-2019 academic year awards.
2017-2018 Applicant Qualifications
Students can apply annually, however preference will be given to students who have not received previous financial support from Great Plains IDEA. Five $1,000 awards will be granted each year.
- have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA member university
- have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA degree granting program (bachelor, master or certificate)
- have completed a minimum of two (2) Great Plains IDEA courses
- have an academic plan for degree completion on file with their home university
- be able to demonstrate financial need
2017-2018 Application Process
The application process will include submission of the following:
- Application form submitted online
- Unofficial transcript
- Academic plan for degree completion
- One (1) page resume or curriculum vitae
- 500 word essay describing the student's professional and academic goals, plan for degree completion, description of financial need and expected uses/benefits of scholarship funds
- Letter of endorsement from the student's Great Plains IDEA academic advisor or Great Plains IDEA faculty member verifying the student's progress in the academic program
Award Guidelines and Information
Check back for deadlines for the 2018-2019 awards
Applications will be evaluated by a team of three (3) Great Plains IDEA Cabinet members. A rubric will be used to evaluate applications and determine award recipients.
Use of Awards Funds
Funds may be used for educational expenses, such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare, educational technology or cost of living.
Carol Gould, Great Plains IDEA Executive Director
Amanda Fairbanks, Great Plains IDEA Lead Institution