Our program is offered 100% online, so you can study anytime, anywhere!
The faculty in the community development program work collaboratively across five partner universities, providing diverse perspectives on the field, which will provide you with unique experiences you couldn’t get when taking classes from just one university.
Learn more about how this program works within the alliance.
- Evaluating community and organizational assets evaluation
- Economic and population analysis
- Leadership and capacity building
- Community engagement and participatory planning
- Organizing for change
- Working with diverse populations
- Sustainability and resilience strategies
- Program design and evaluation
- Collaborative tools and technologies
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Nonprofit management
- Ethically based professional practice
There is a lot to consider when choosing your home university. We've compiled some helpful information in the Community Development Student Handbook.
Every university approaches the application process differently. Acceptance confirmation can vary from a few weeks to a few months depending on the university. Once you choose a home university, ask your campus coordinator about how that university processes applications.
Being part of a virtual community provides opportunities an on-campus program never could. Interaction with learners and faculty from across the country allows you to learn from diverse perspectives.
In this video, listen as a graduate of the community development program shares how surprised she was at the connections she made with fellow students from across the country.
We want to help! Give us a call at 785-532-1999.