Financing College | Military-Connected Students

Military and Veterans Resources

Our member universities have resources available for military-connected students.  View resource links and information.

Common Price

All member universities charge the same tuition fee for all Great Plains IDEA courses. We refer to this as the “common price.”  Students pay the common price per credit hour for graduate courses or undergraduate courses. It’s the same price for in-state and out-of-state students. Visit the Cost page for more information.

Military Benefits

If you have active Veteran’s Affairs (VA) or other military benefits available, the cost of your classes may be covered. Your first stop to learn more about your benefits at your home university should be the Military & Veterans Affairs Office.  View our Military and Veterans Resources page to connect with people who can help.

Visit Military One Source for recommendations specific to those currently serving, military spouses, and veterans.


Visit the Tips on Finding Scholarships page to learn about how you can find the money for college.