Obtaining disability accommodations and services is a confidential process that starts with you.
- Request accommodations each semester and for each course.
- Register with the disability support services office at your home university.
- Remain in contact with your home university’s support office throughout your program.
- Review the Great Plains IDEA Student Handbook for details on the entire process.
- Use the disability support services directory below for guidelines and available services.
Disability Support Services Responsibilities
Your home university disability support services office will contact the necessary offices and people at the teaching university each semester about your approved accommodations.
Great Plains IDEA Commitment
Great Plains IDEA is committed to providing equitable learning environments. It is best practice, and we strongly encourage, that all courses, instruction, and learning materials are accessible to students with disabilities per Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Some examples include captioning for video content, transcripts provided for audio podcasts, and making documents accessible to screen readers. Additional information and resources for faculty and students are available through campus disability services offices listed below.
If you experience problems or have questions about the process for requesting accommodations, contact Ashley Schultz at Great Plains IDEA.