Obtaining disability accommodations and services is a confidential process that starts with you.
- Request accommodations each semester and for each course.
- Register with the disability support services office at your home university.
- Remain in contact with your home university’s support office throughout your program.
- Review the Great Plains IDEA Student Handbook for details on the entire process.
- Use the disability support services directory below for guidelines and available services.
Disability Support Services Responsibilities
Your home university disability support services office will contact the necessary offices and people at the teaching university each semester about your approved accommodations.
If you experience problems or have questions about the process for requesting accommodations, contact Amanda Burris at Great Plains IDEA.
Disability Support Services Directory
Erin Benson, Director of the Disability Resource Center
Beau Seagraves, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Care and Outreach
325 Tate Student Center
Athens, GA 30602
Adriana Gonzalez-Elliott, Director