The range of legal questions you will encounter during your career will continue to expand as more demands are placed on natural resources. The Agricultural & Environmental Law Certificate will help you better understand laws and emerging legal issues that may impact your career. This certificate can complement an undergraduate degree, or provide working professionals the tools needed to advance their career.
Am I right for this program?
The courses in this program study how legal issues affect the following:
- Agriculture sciences and agribusiness
- Rural communities
- Food production and safety
- Water quality
- Environmental concerns
- Renewable energy
To see a full list of courses available, visit our interactive Course Planner.
How does this program work?
This unique 15-credit hour certificate pulls together researchers, legal experts, and students from different regions of the country, giving you the opportunity to learn about more than just your corner of the world.
This certificate is offered through a partnership between multiple universities, allowing them to share resources creatively, therefore bringing you a higher quality program from the very best faculty at each university. You can choose to learn about topics that align with your interests and experiences, which will prepare you to participate in conversations that most impact your career.
What will I learn in this program?
You will learn to:
- Navigate and access legal documents
- Avoid legal problems
- Use legal counsel effectively
- Recognize the impact current and potential policies will have
- Discern the court's role and interpretations of laws
- Understand the politics of national, state, local and interest groups in the formation of policies
- Translate the implication of policies on people living in rural and urban areas
Certificate titles vary by university. Consult each university for the title as it will appear on the certificate.