The Agricultural Systems Management Technology program is a course-share supported by six universities, each with a strong presence in the agricultural world.
How does it work?
Courses are taught by experts from around the nation through a partnership called AG IDEA. You will interact with students from other universities as well as your own through innovative, hands-on lab activities. Taking courses online will provide you the flexibility to complete course work when and where it is convenient for you.
Courses cover a variety of areas.
- Renewable energy
- Agriculture safety and health
- Precision farming systems
- Agriculture technology
- Grain quality, drying and storage
- And more! Visit the Graduate Program Courses page and the Undergraduate Program Courses page to see a list of all courses currently offered.
What will I learn in these courses?
- Learn how technology can benefit a farm’s financial sustainability, and then create a plan to implement new technology into an existing farm operation.
- Hear about current trends in ag technology from guest speakers representing Pioneer, John Deere, AGCO and Ag Leader.
- Learn to utilize satellites, GPS systems and drones.
- Take your data analysis one-step farther by integrating the data with precision agriculture hardware and software.
- Develop, create and implement safety and health programs, learn strategies to reduce accidents and understand the laws and regulations of agriculture safety and health.
- Discover how technology can help producers and elevators address the critical issues of grain quality, drying and storage.
Diane M. Wasser