What is the Great Plains IDEA Annual Conference?
The Great Plains IDEA annual conference brings together administrators, faculty, staff, and campus coordinators to collaborate, celebrate, and learn. Workshops and speakers provide support in areas such as best practices in online instruction, technology resources, and student services.
What are the benefits of attending the annual conference?
- Faculty groups meet to review curriculum, course schedules, and share best practices.
- Campus coordinators meet to share resources for supporting students.
- Functional teams meet as needed to provide recommendations to the cabinet and boards of directors. Functional teams include department heads/chairs, disability support services, registrars, finance officers, graduate deans, and continuing education.
- Alliance leadership meets to review policies and procedures. This includes the Human Sciences Board of Directors, the Agricultural Board of Directors, and the Cabinet.
- Students are welcome to attend program meetings and visit with faculty groups.
What do our members say about the conference?
"This event provides better service than any other event I attend. Great job!"
"This was my first conference. I've been told before it's good to attend, but it always felt like a "should" competing with my other spring conferences. BUT, it is really valuable and worth altering other commitments to participate!"
"It is a great event and feels good to connect with people in person. I look forward to this conference every year!"