The Great Plains IDEA Cabinet is excited for the opportunity to give back to Great Plains IDEA students and assist them in achieving their academic goals.
The Great Plains IDEA Student Excellence Award will be granted to five students. This $1,000 award may be used for educational expenses such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare or educational technology.
2018-2019 Applicant Qualifications
Students can apply annually, however, preference will be given to students who have not received previous financial support from Great Plains IDEA. Five $1,000 awards will be granted each year.
- Have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA member university
- Have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA degree-granting program (bachelor, master or certificate)
- Have completed a minimum of two (2) Great Plains IDEA courses
- Have an academic plan for degree completion on file with their home university
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be enrolled during the 2018-2019 academic year (starting Fall 2018)
2018-2019 Application Requirements
The application process will include submission of the following:
- Application form submitted online
- Unofficial transcript
- Academic plan for degree completion
- One (1) page resume or curriculum vitae
- 500-word essay describing the student's professional and academic goals, plan for degree completion, description of financial need and expected uses/benefits of scholarship funds
- Endorsement from a Great Plains IDEA faculty member, or the student's faculty academic advisor. Endorsers will be provided an online form to complete once the student has submitted their application.
Award Guidelines and Information
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now closed.
Each program will select a finalist whose application will be evaluated by three (3) Great Plains IDEA Cabinet members. A rubric will be used to evaluate applications and determine award recipients.
Use of Awards Funds
Funds may be used for educational expenses, such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare, educational technology or cost of living.
Contact Amanda Fairbanks at the Lead Institution.