The Great Plains IDEA Cabinet is excited for the opportunity to give back to Great Plains IDEA students and assist them in achieving their academic goals.
The Great Plains IDEA Student Excellence Award is granted to a limited number of students each year. This $1,000 award may be used for educational expenses such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare or educational technology.
"It is an honor to receive the Great Plains IDEA Student Excellence Award. Financial support will tremendously affect my educational career and my personal and family well-being. The award will enable me to increase the number of courses I can take in a semester and expedite my degree completion without incurring debt. By decreasing the financial burdens of my education, I will have more valuable time to focus on my family and pursue my academic and career goals. I am very grateful for the opportunities this award provides and the support I have received through this program to continue my education."
Hannah Adame, Family & Consumer Sciences Education, Oklahoma State University
2023-2024 Applicant Qualifications and Requirements
Students can apply annually, however, preference will be given to students who have not received previous financial support from Great Plains IDEA. Ten $1,000 awards will be granted for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applications for the 2023-2024 award are now closed. Award winners will be announced by July 1, 2023.
- Have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA member university
- Have been admitted to a Great Plains IDEA degree-granting program (bachelor, master, or certificate)
- Have completed a minimum of two (2) Great Plains IDEA courses
- Have an academic plan for degree completion
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be enrolled during the 2023-2024 academic year (starting Fall 2023)
The application process will include submission of the following:
- Application form submitted online
- Unofficial transcript
- Academic plan for degree completion
- One (1) page resume or curriculum vitae
- 500-word essay describing the student's professional and academic goals, plan for degree completion, description of financial need, and expected uses/benefits of scholarship funds
- Endorsement from a Great Plains IDEA faculty member, or the student's faculty academic advisor. Endorsers will be provided an online form to complete once the student has submitted their application. This form includes six statements to rank and a brief (500-word max.) statement of support.
Award Guidelines and Information
Applications for 2023-2024 are now closed. Award winners will be announced by July 1, 2023.
The application window for 2023-2024 is now closed.
Each program will select two finalists whose applications will be evaluated by three (3) Great Plains IDEA Cabinet members. A rubric will be used to evaluate applications and determine award recipients.
Use of Awards Funds
Funds may be used for educational expenses, such as tuition and books, or towards other costs of attendance like childcare, educational technology, or cost of living.
Contact Amanda Burris at Great Plains IDEA.