Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
The Master's degree and graduate certificates in Family Financial Planning not only create the opportunities associated with graduate education, but they also prepare the student to take the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) exam.
The Great Plains IDEA online graduate program is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board). The CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM marks are federally registered service marks of CFP Board.
They are granted by CFP Board to those persons who have completed all of the following:
- Fulfilled a comprehensive educational requirement
- Passed the CFP® certification examination
- Satisfied a work experience requirement
- Agreed to abide by CFP Board’s code of ethical conduct
CFP® Certification Examination
- The certificate and master’s degree ensures students receive the education required to take the exam.
- After completing the necessary educational requirements, students work with CFP Board on examination, experience, and ethics requirements for CFP® certification.
- Completion of our master’s degree or graduate certificate does not guarantee a student will pass the CFP® exam.
The CFP Board website has extensive CFP® certification information. Students admitted to the Great Plains IDEA online degree program are advised to obtain the Guide to CFP® Certification. The guide includes an application for the exam, exam fee information, exam procedures, and information on the required work experience.
Great Plains IDEA universities do not certify individuals to use the CFP® mark or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM. CFP® certification is granted only by the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Board of Standards Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-registered program, have met its ethics, experience, and examination requirements.