Great Plains IDEA is led by a cabinet made up of nine representatives: two from founding universities; two from the Great Plains IDEA Human Sciences Board; two from the AG IDEA Board; a chief financial officer from a member university; a graduate dean from a member university; and an at-large representative.
The cabinet guides the overall policy and direction of Great Plains IDEA, including the approval of new members, selecting the university that houses the management team and reviewing the management team performance annually.
Cabinet responsibilities include
- Overseeing fiscal affairs for the alliance, including the annual approval of the common price
- Resolving disputes among academic boards and programs
- Maintaining relationships with the functional teams that support Great Plains IDEA
- Reviewing and approving the policy and procedure manual
- Selecting annual Great Plains IDEA award winners