Always start with the campus coordinator at the university of which you have questions. The campus coordinator is the person available to assist you through Great Plains IDEA processes. Your campus coordinator is your link to distance education resources and information at your university.
Research the following to determine which university is the best fit for you:
- Requirements and timelines for admissions and graduation
- Any policy for students who stop-out due to unexpected life events but plan to return to the program after a semester or two
- The degree title printed on your diploma as determined by the home university rather than the Great Plains IDEA program
- Requirements for a culminating experience such as a final exam, master’s report, thesis, practicum or project
- Faculty research interests that might influence your decision
Your home university is where you enroll, pay tuition and earn your degree or certificate. A teaching university is where the faculty member teaching your course is located. At times, the teaching university may be the same as your home university.
Great Plains IDEA offers certificates and degrees in two academic areas: human sciences and agriculture. View a list of our programs.
Check your program’s webpage for information about jobs related to your degree.