This webinar will be recorded.
Join us when your schedule allows!
- Great Plains IDEA campus coordinators, advisors, faculty and staff.
- While this webinar is directed towards our alliance campus coordinators, anyone who would like to strengthen their relationships with distance students will benefit.
What else do I need to know?
- This webinar is expected to last one hour.
- It is free to attend.
- Register in advance so we can send you access to the webinar.
- This webinar will be recorded and uploaded to this webpage.
About the webinar:
The relationship between student services professionals and students is often one that is facilitated by interpersonal communication during face-to-face interactions. However, this provides a unique challenge for online student services professionals when it comes to building relationships with distance students. This webinar features strategies that can be used in the online space to create meaningful relationships with students, while still remaining mindful about job efficiency.
About the presenters:
Rachel Robillard is an academic advisor in the college of Architecture, Planning & Design at Kansas State University, where she advises both in-person and online students. She has worked in student services at K-State for over 10 years and has been with APDesign since October 2014. She holds a bachelor’s degree from K-State and has completed graduate coursework in Academic Advising.
Rachel Ohmes has worked in higher education for six years, and has been with Great Plains IDEA since April 2016. She currently serves as the K-State Campus Coordinator as well as the Lead Campus Coordinator for the alliance. She is pursuing a master’s degree in Adult Learning and Leadership, where she focuses on distance learners and relationship building methods.