Episode 7 (21:07)
In this episode, we continue our conversation with distance education coordinators Tristin Campbell and Casey Smith. In Part 2 of our interview, we learn more about how online student services differ from face-to-face services, how distance education coordinators can help students, and recommendations for being successful in the online environment.
Navigating an online degree program can sometimes be a challenge for students who are also balancing work, life, family, and many other responsibilities alongside their academic career. Having a distance education coordinator who acts as a one-stop-shop allows students to focus on their learning.
Key Questions this Episode will Answer
- What are a few ways distance education coordinators help students? (1:45)
- How do online student services differ from in-person student services? (4:15)
- What are some challenged online learners face that distance education coordinator can assist with? (9:16)
- What do you enjoy about your job as a distance education coordinator? (11:22)
- What advice do you have for online students? (14:22)