Core Courses 30 credit hours
All students are required to complete 36 credit hours including the ten core courses in this section. All core courses are offered twice a year. Please use the suggested course sequence and talk to your advisor for further input on course sequencing and selection.
- First (preferably) or Second Semester: Foundations and Principles of Family and Community Services
- Parenting Education and/or Interpersonal Relationships and/or Lifespan Development should be completed prior to taking Family Dynamics
- Next to last semester: Program Design, Evaluation and Implementation or Program Administration and Management
- Final semester: Program Design, Evaluation and Implementation or Program Administration and Management
- Talk to your academic advisor at your home university about the capstone project that will happen in the final semester.
Elective course topics vary each semester. Consult your academic advisor when selecting electives. Note: topic area and teaching university is subject to change in future offerings.
|Nonprofits in a Global Society||3||Julie Tippens||Julie Tippens||UNL||UNL|
|Families in Poverty||3||Laurie Bulock||Laurie Bulock||MISU||MISU|
|Grant Development & Management||3||Elaine Johannes|
|Family Policy||3||Kari Morgan||KSU|
Practicum/Independent Study 1 - 6 credit hours
Required or elective courses such as creative components, directed studies, practica, research, and theses are available through your home university. Consult with your academic advisor about course selection and scheduling.
|Independent Study||3||multiple universities||multiple universities||multiple universities||multiple universities||multiple universities||MISU|